Municipality

Municipalité de la Paroisse de Disraeli

Région de Thetford
Disraeli sunset
Disraeli sunset
Disraeli Paroisse
Disraeli Paroisse - lac Aylmer
Disraeli Paroisse - Lac Noir
1142

In a few words

The greatest toponymic difficulties that can be observed about this municipality lie in the many spellings to which its name has given rise: Disraeli, Disraeli, Disraéli. First erected under the status of municipality of Disraeli in 1882, a graphic variant of Israel, in certain official texts, this municipal entity was to obtain the status of parish municipality in 1953. From 1969, the Geographical Directory of Quebec omits the umlaut in the name of the municipality. This name, which originally identifies a small station and a post office, then a municipality located at the northern end of Lake Aylmer, about 70 km northeast of Sherbrooke, recalls the memory of the man of 'British state and writer Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881), Prime Minister of England (1867-1868 and 1874-1880), member of the Conservative Party, to whom the title of Lord and 1st Earl of Beaconsfield was conferred by the Queen Victoria in 1876.

Other Information

Location

Contact details and information

You search

Consult the directory of nearby businesses